Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Juno

So, just before, I was thinking about the presence of mobile phones in modern movies. And I realised, that in Fox Searchlight's new MASTERPIECE Juno, not one mobile phone features what-so-ever. And that fact has hightened my respect for the people involved in that movie twofold.
I loved the movie as soon as the poening credits were all animated, and alot of the backgrounds look like texta has been used! I was very impressed.
I know its not such a great storyline, its not really unique, but the characters are, and that waht makes a film worth watching, in my opinion.
If you haven't seen it, go, even if its just for the opening credits. And the music (if you like indie folk music, and/or Kimya Dawson).

2 comments:

frank said...

Hey Ellie. I think Juno is a great movie. But what's a 'Kimya'? I couldn't get past Ellen Page's acting, she deserves the Oscar nomination.

Ellie said...

Kimya Dawson is a singer, originally with The Mouldy Peaches. She does some solo work now, which you can check out on her website: http://www.kimyadawson.com