Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter Everyone!

So, happy easter and all that, but what I'm really here to talk about is not eggs, chocolate, bunnies, jesus or those little chickens made out of bits of yellow pipe cleaners that you get at the newsagents.

No, I'm here to talk about my addiction to ABC kids. Namely two shows: Pocoyo and Oswald.

Pocoyo is so cute and narrated by Stephen Fry, which makes it actually really hilarious, and I personally, don't feel demened like I do when watching shows like Poko or Thomas the Tank Engine (new season of Thomas is out byw, can anyone tell me if its still narrated by Ringo? Can't bring myself to watch it.). Pocoyo is done on 3D software. Its rapid, excitable movement is perfect for kids, I think, and contrasts with something like Franny's Feet in which it takes Franny about 1/2 the show to get to Grandpa's Fix It Box.
Here's a Pocoyo sample:






Oswald is a georgeous American cartoon, I think its done in flash, but I'm none too sure. Oswald is an octopus and with his dog, Weenie the hotdog, his friends Daisy the Flower and Henry the Penguin, he gets up to lots of adventures. I love the fluidity of movement, the simple storylines, and the uniqueness of the character designs.
http://www.hitentertainment.com/oswald/uk/intro.html

2 comments:

Seishin Kibou said...

Happy Easter to you too~ ^_^ That show looks awesome~ what time is on at? Me is very interested in seeing~

[This is Robyn btw lol Seishin Kibou = Me XD]

Ellie said...

i seriously read that as shish kebab.