Friday, March 21, 2008

window paints

I don't know if anyone else got to play with window paint when they were younger, but I found a set at work today. On sale. Fuck yeah.

So I bought it, and I'm having a play with it.

The basic idea is you get a sheet of acetate, and you put it over a design you want. You then go over it in black, and then fill in the colour. After about 24 hours the paint goes all clear and you peel it off the acetate and you put it on your window/mirror/tile of your choosing.

This is my window painting about 10 minutes after completion:
My webcam screwed up the colours. The blue bits should be green, the light purple should be blue and the green bits should be yellow. The purple is more blue, and the orange/red/pink in the middle is more pink.
Anyway
I'll update you with the finished product soon.
Love, Ellie!

No comments: